Happy New Year! We hope 2018 is off to a great start for you and yours!
The big projects on our list for this year include:
- Installing a hanging gutter system for rain water collection & moving water away from the house.
- Building a duck house & run area with fencing, grass & little pool. We’re getting ducks in the spring! Super excited!
- Installing a drip irrigation system for our big (80 x 80) garden and orchard.
- Building a retaining wall along the pathway to the garden & front acreage.
- Putting in a french drain system or something similar for our mud season runoff & standing water issue in the back of the house.
- Planting wild flowers & other perennials on the big hill behind the house to help with erosion.
- Improving the big garden soil so we can raise more fruits & veggies & win the war on thistles!
- Building a chicken tractor.
So just a few things on our list for this year!
We’ll be adding a lot more content on various other topics too. More on that soon in another post.